Closing the Achievement Gap Affects Competency Levels for New Talent
- Holding high schools accountable for student success through stronger graduation rate regulations and improved longitudinal, disaggregated data systems;
- Redesigning the American high school by integrating student supports and engaging the community in education, incorporating culturally competent teaching practices, and identifying consistent standards and practices to facilitate the integration of ELL students;
- Providing students with the excellent leaders and teachers they need to succeed;
- Having communities invest in student success; and
- Providing equitable learning conditions for all students.