Talent Management Systems Are Biased Against Women
- Developing programs that target the needs of each business unit while examining the various forms of gender stereotyping.
- Educating leaders about how stereotypes can negatively influence job assignments and performance appraisals.
- Training employees at all levels to recognize effective gender-neutral leadership characteristics.
- Reviewing practices from other companies and create strategies that increase development and advancement opportunities for women.
- Creating opportunities for senior leaders and employees to engage in talent management dialogues.
- Evaluating the presence of gender-stereotypic language in talent management systems.
- Recognizing the ways in which leadership traits might influence company culture, and assisting executives in developing talent management systems that address gender biases and stereotypes.