SHRM Prepares HR Professionals for Health Care Law Changes
- On Thursday, March 25, SHRM released a webcast with clear, concise information about the health care reform package, and what the Senate’s “reconciliation” debate means as additional changes are anticipated. This 30-minute webcast will be available online at “SHRM’s Health Care Resource Page.”
- “SHRM’s Health Care Resource Page” is also a one-stop resource with all of the latest articles, stories, videos, webcasts and advocacy efforts surrounding health care reform.
- SHRM will host a second, more comprehensive webcast delving further into the broad reach of the new law on April 7 featuring Frank McArdle of Hewitt Associates.
- The June issue of HR Magazine will take a detailed look at the reform package and how it fits with your ongoing health care offerings and overall HR strategy.
- SHRM’s Annual Conference will have sessions dedicated to the health care reform package. In addition, SHRM is preparing an “Implementation Guide” for attendees, to help navigate the law’s rules and requirements.
- SHRM’s research department is already preparing data on how HR professionals are responding to the new legislation, which will generate polls and in-depth survey reports on various aspects of the reform measures.
- SHRM’s Knowledge Center is building a Health Care Q&A for SHRM member use.