National Council on Disability to Focus on the Future Workforce Needs of People With Disabilities
- Establish a mechanism to track ongoing economic, social, labor market and professional developments so that new information can be used to redirect planning and actions in support of the disability services infrastructure.
- Establish systematic efforts to acquire information on the supply of infrastructure workers.
- Ensure that partnership opportunities are encouraged between the public and private sectors.
- Promote opportunities to encourage new entrants into critical infrastructure occupations, such as home health aides, personal care assistants, mental health workers and rehabilitation counselors.
- Infrastructure employers will have to increase the salaries and benefits, and provide training to upgrade the skills and value of their employees, if they are to attract and maintain a suitable infrastructure workforce.