Report Reveals Fewer Workers Are Likely to Make a Job Transition
A Look Inside the Report:
Confidence in Macroeconomic Environment:
- Twenty-nine percent of U.S. workers believe the economy is getting stronger, showing no change from January.
- Fifty-one percent of workers believe there are fewer jobs available, dropping six points from last month.
Confidence in Personal Employment Situation:
- Sixty-one percent of workers are confident in the future of their current employer, showing no fluctuation from the previous month.
- Fewer workers are confident in their ability to find a new job, with 40% reporting confidence. This is a dip of two percentage points from January.
- Fewer workers believe that it is unlikely they will lose their jobs in the next 12 months. Specifically, 70% believe is it is unlikely versus 71% in January.
- One-third of workers are likely to look for a new job in the next 12 months, representing a decrease of seven percentage points from the previous month.
Confidence by Gender:
- The latest report reveals that men are more likely to make a job change in the next 12 months than women. Specifically, 30% of women are likely to make a job transition, versus 35% of men.
- More men believe the economy is getting stronger, with 32% indicating that belief. On the other hand, 26% of women believe the economy is strengthening.
Confidence by Age:
- Workers age 18-34 expressed the highest likelihood of making a job transition, with 42% reporting that job change is likely. This is the highest among all age brackets.
- Nearly half (49%) of workers age 35-44 are confident in their ability to find a new job. However, only one-third (33%) of workers age 45-54 are confident.
Confidence by Income:
- Workers earning $75K+ are the most confident in their ability to find a new job, with 44% of workers revealing confidence.
- On the other end of the income spectrum, half of workers earning less than $35K are confident in the future of their current employer, and 42% are likely to make a job transition in the next 12 months.